Monday 22 August 2016

Who am I?

I remember very clearly why I wrote this poem and who it was all about. I had a huge crush on a guy called Kent. He was at the moment my barber. I was head over heels in love with him so I believed. I did not know that it was infatuation. I believed it was love and despite the fact that he was older than me, it did not matter. Age is nothing but a number. Secondly, he had a girlfriend but I knew love is patient so I waited for them to break up and I promised myself that I will be there to comfort him when that happens and I will be there for him throughout. 

Five years down the line, Kent never broke up with his girlfriend and I was through with high school and we moved away. 
I never forgot this and I never did let my love go without saying;

I think of you, 
I think of me, 
I think of us, 
I think of love.

I see you, 
I see me, 
I see us, 
I see love.

I feel you, 
I feel me, 
I feel us 
I feel love. 
#
For the love of my life, then, now and forever more. I will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.