Tuesday 30 August 2016

Another Treasure

How do you feel when you have someone you truly love and adore? Someone who makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That is exactly what I am talking about. I am not a teenager anymore, but I can certainly relate to these feelings. I do not have testosterone rushing through my blood as I write this. However, I know you have felt it once before and maybe more times than you can imagine.

When  you find that person with whom you enjoy the same type of entertainment, you read the same books and sometimes, even if on different paths, you are aiming to achieve almost the same goals. It is at this time that use each others' strength to build up towards your goals. How does that person make you feel? Warm, fuzzy, happy, excited? Even during the fights that you have, you always talk it through and all gets well with time doesn't it? These sentiments are mine as an adult, when I realise that you have to be strong enough to love yourself and other people and the reality of life reminds us that we should get into a relationship without losing ourselves.
'
However this poem  is based on the level of testosterone in my body at the time. Just the time when I was between thirteen and nineteen. My "teen" years. This also was dedicated to one KW.

Another Treasure
The splendour of the evening sun,
The magnificent silence that is around us,
The moment so magical,
That the charming stars can't help but smile upon us.
Beautiful, silent music playing in the background,
As I steal a glance upon the beauty that surrounds us,
I look back at you and gaze into your adoring brown eyes,
I lose my mind as I'm mesmerised by your gorgeous smile.
It's like we have the world all to ourselves,
And the time is on our side.
We have each other.
As the wonders of our love never cease,
As the time stays still.
For our passion to burn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.