Monday 15 August 2016

MY POEM BOOK

A few months ago, I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine. Whereas I always thought that I give all my time to my friends, I came to find out, it was not so. I received a tongue lashing as to how inconsiderate and self-absorbed I was.I was on my way to a funeral at the time and I really could not stand to add anymore feelings of regret on my plate. However, I listened and then when my friend was done with the tongue lashing, I went then went on to listen about how hard my friend had it at the moment. My solace except exercising patience and trying my level best to apply Bible principles in how I chose to react to this particular situation, happens to be my poem book.

Over the years, I have written down my days, my feelings, my love and passion. I am not a professional writer so I will not apply many of the grammatically correct sentences or phrases in my poems but I enjoy them very much. I would like to share them with you. My first...

MY POEM BOOK
My only possession
My companion
My oasis in the desert
My only true love.
How can I give you up?
How can I let you go?
How can I forget you?
How can I get on without you.
My thoughts,
My feelings,
My love,
To whom would I give
With whom shall I share
You are so precious to me,
And my secrets you keep
My fears you hold.
What could I have done without you.
With me you always are,
With you away from me,
I feel completely lost.
I love you so very much.
****END****

I must have been quite young when I wrote this poem. I love how simple it is. In part the preface reads "This book is a dedication to many and one being Jean Ashers; a friend and my best friend, as a token of appreciation for love, friendship and kindness and especially foe making me believe in myself."

I look forward to sharing with you the many poems that took me through teenage hood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.