Monday 17 March 2014

Friends & Weddings.

This weekend, I was thinking about my future. Now, my wedding should be in September because it is my favourite month. I would have loved 21, but this year that date is not available. So tentatively the date is September 20th. I was now thinking about my bridesmaids. The criteria I would use to choose, who would be my maid of honour among my four friends. These are all people I have known for years on end and some of them I have a long standing relationship with them. Some of them have seen me at my worst and have always been there for me no matter what.

How do you define "always been there"? For some, this might be defined as the time when all the good times were shared. Others, when all the bad times were shared. Yet others would take it to mean that when they needed help the friend was there to sort them out. For me however, my definition is one friend of mine, Eve. We have fought, insulted each other, broken up for years, got back together and sometimes laughed over our fights. The last fight was so bad we were texting each other as late/early as 4 am. That was  just two years back. 

Eve would definitely be my best maid. Simply because, I can rely on her as much as I do rely on my family. Despite our fights, she has continually offered me unconditional support and love. I have not been a good friend to her at all. This here today is t o say thank you and to be grateful for your (Eve) support. Unconditional love and everything that you have given me. That I am here today, that I make the choices I do, that I am able to walk with a smile and chin up, that I am able to dance like I do, that I laugh out loud when I remember what we have done, I am grateful to God that I met you and I am grateful to you that for sticking around despite my errors and misdemeanours. Here and now, I officially ask you...
I hope you say yes, because I know deep down in my heart that if you say no, I will die of a broken heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.