Wednesday 12 March 2014

A Dedication



My friend told me that I was fond of writing SOB stories. But that is what I felt at the time and most definitely, my life revolved around those particular incidences. To me, they were not really SOB stories but true facts about life and sometimes very sad realities that happened between friends, lovers and neighbours.
I could now start complaining about how some people do not want to be my friends of Facebook or how someone followed me on Twitter then un-followed me. No, today, no negatives, just lots of love.

A couple of months ago, I decided to throw myself back into the dating game. My first try wasn't so good prompting me to take a lean back and review what it is I wanted. Well, I have many witnesses that can attest to my glowing-ness :-). It is that good.

We met at one morning at a hotel in Nairobi, it was all business and I had no intentions to take it further (or so I thought at the time). If you told me then that I would be this happy, I would not believe you, not at any one time.
We spoke for a bit and I went my way. I remember looking at him and thinking to myself "what a dashing fellow". Well, after our brief meeting, I left feeling crestfallen knowing that I would not see him again for a long time or when the need arose for a similar meeting. I did well to remind myself that, I was taking a lean back.

A couple of days later he emails me, then calls me. I remember I had my heart down at my feet, it was racing so fast I just could not believe it, I was speaking with him on a totally unrelated matter. We spoke for a couple of minutes and afterwards, I went to bed just replaying our conversation in my mind over and over again. THAT, that was the beginning. We kept in touch day after day, calls, chats, emails and if I could describe him, I would say he is amazing in every way. He is thoughtful and makes me laugh. He talks to me and his smile is infectious. REALLY it is.

So soon! Yes, I question myself too. But how can you NOT fall in love with a writer, a poet, he has the tunes to my hearts desires, the music to my soul, the passion that drives me wild. He is my mind's utmost want and need. When he says " Ninakupenda" Swahili word meaning "I love you", I literally melt. And you know what, that's not what won me over. He won me over when he  told me "the setting of the sun today reminds me of the sunrise you are in my life. I already look forward to tomorrow because of you." That just took my breath away.



Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.