Monday 24 March 2014

THE LITTLE BLACK BOOK.

This has probably been overtaken by technology what with Android phones connecting and synchronising every detail on your phone to your email address, making it surprisingly easy not to miss your phone as much after you lose it as you can easily back up all your documents and contacts to your email address which you can access from everywhere and at any time. Well, that is the now. But about ten years ago when the cell phone was just getting to every citizen in our country and not everyone could afford one, I would use my mother’s phone to call the numbers on my little black book. It was a must-have just like the little black dress is a must have for all the women in the world.



That little black dress does is one for all occasions and so is the Little Black Book. You would record in it, numbers of your friends’ girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, schoolmates, former classmates that you would run into on the street, yes, and very many people. If you are a fan of the famous Sitcom Two and a Half Men or Friends, you would have observed Charlie and Joey respectively at their game. I am definitely not comparing myself to them J, but then, you can easily associate with what I am telling you right now.



I was currently just shifting towns when, as I was gathering up my stuff, I found mine, my little black book. I still keep in touch with most of the people in the book, but there was one I had not seen, or kept in touch with for over 9 years, I decided to call him up. Ooh!  what a surprise I got. It was a most pleasant conversation.  It was amazing how much things have changed and they still stay the same. We are living in different towns now, but I can’t wait to meet him up and chat over a cup of coffee.
Yes, the little black book, brought me back my bird that flew away (rhetorical statement)

Where is your little black book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.