Friday 14 March 2014

Direct Attack!!

Over the years, we have met different types of people. Over the years we have learnt to deal with these people. Over the years, when we meet these people, they leave us speechless and uncharacteristically shocked. Over the years we have learnt that we are not all the same and things change, people are born, grow up, mature and die... We have learnt to be patient, tolerating, kind, generous, mad, violent, happy, sad and we have learnt how to mask our feelings and maintain relationships. We have learnt to live and love.


As a way of life, some people are superior than others and no one can complain, we are not the same and never will we be. If we were all similar, I am sure it would be boring. We have self-righteous people who believe that their way is the way or no way at all. Its certainly not a bad thing. We have always been thought that the customer is always right, even if he is confused, misinformed, rude, stubborn, changeable and even downright stupid, but he is always right. Now that is the person we are talking about.

Most of the time we are always trying to be in another person's shoe so as to understand the situation and be in a better position to assist and to empathize if we are no able to offer any help. You can be amazed at what just being there does. However, what about those who are vain, what do you do? What about the people who celebrate the joy of others' pain? What about our day to day bullies?I was listening to someone I knew narrate a story about his friend's ex-girlfriend, the reason this particular story is etched in my mind, is because of the look that he had on his face and the grin he had on his face and that was the turning point of my relationship with Road Hog. It was then that I decided I was not cut out to be mean and indifferent.

In summary, Road Hog met this beautiful stunning professional woman and turned her into a single mother living at home with her parents. Road Hog grinned and I swear I thought I heard a laugh/snort come out of him when he told me that. It deeply saddened me and trust me, that was the moment I cut ALL ties with Road Hog. I was left uncharacteristically speechless. At that point, I questioned my choice of friends. Do I want caring, soulful brothers or do I want, self-righteous, obnoxious and controlling brothers?

There's a common saying "Show me your friends and I'll tell you the kind of person you are."  I would choose not be Road Hog's friend but you can. We are all molded in different ways, react to certain things differently and build each other differently. I can be a killer and you a lover, I can be a mother and you a disciplinarian. Yes, life has taught has many things in many way with many people. Be careful whose head you step on, or whose hands you break, you might need the same head and the same hands to catch you when you fall. Do you want to be or do you want to  whatever makes you happy.


I am not perfect and I am not great. I am perfect in someone else's eyes and I am great in someone else's eyes. I love that I am surrounded by people who are understanding, loving, caring and though they reprimand me sometimes, but I now know that it's because they want the best for me.

I am surrounded by soaring eagles. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.