Thursday 21 March 2013

A little Smile

As I was walking to work this morning and children were going to school, I saw the sweetest thing ever and I thought to myself, "now, that is how things should be." After a while you get used to routine and your life falls into routine that it is hard to change. When you view change you view it as a threat. It is like a virus that eats away at you and causing disease. However, the common saying is that change is as good as a rest. That might be exactly what I need. Then again, all is good when love is there....


My morning routine goes something like, wake up, prepare for work, have breakfast, walk to the bus stop and off to work. This morning was a bit different. I decided to leave the house a bit early, I took time  observing the children as they walked to school. What was touching was these two children were going to school on a motorbike, the girl seemed about 7 years and the boy 6 years. The girl is slightly taller than the boy, but he insisted that the girl sit first from the rider. Being an elder child, the girl was feeling protective of the brother and being a man in the family, the boy was feeling protective over his sister. The rider picking them up looked upon them smiling and decided to indulge the boy and when they got atop the motorbike and the girl started yelling that the brother will fall off and kept telling the rider to stop so that they can switch places. Off they went and I don't know how they concluded that matter.


For me, it reminded me how often as friends we have fallen off that motorbike without really caring when, how or what was going on with our friends and sadly some of our family members. How often have you remembered to say hello, or just wish someone a good day? With this era of cellphones,  the conversation has gone from a hug a kiss and a hello to a text message "hi, hw r u?", from, "I am coming to see you" to video chats and people seem far and far away and the technology doesn't make it better. It certainly makes us feel closer or nearer but it drives us insanely apart.

We should take care not to to fall off the motorbike, less we prove Einstein right when he said;
and become....
be social, be lovable. Its free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.