Wednesday 12 June 2013

Trust


First, trust is defined as belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. 



We all know that it plays a crucial part in our lives and as we all know, it is quite important for us to have trust in our daily lives and our daily activities. Yes, trust has a very big part to play in our lives. Not only in people but in the machines we use, the telephone services we use and basically everything else. Time and time again, that trust is broken and once that link is broken, it takes a long time to regain it or rebuild it. 





We all know that once a glass breaks, and if you want to put together the pieces, the task will no doubt be very daunting. Yes, that is no doubt how we feel sometimes when someone you trust shatters that trust that you had in him. 


I had a very interesting experience the other day. A friend of mine whom I have known for years recommended one of his friend to me to transact business with. Now, on this occasion  it was an issue of desperate moments calls for desperate measures. I was a bit skeptical and even put my radar on high alert. My instincts were flaring RED! RED! but because I had complete and uttermost trust in my friend, I decided that I shall do the deed and close the deal. 


The deal, yes, it was closed and small issues started arising from every corner and I felt like I would kill my friend. But in reality, my friend did not have and does not have any faults because all he did was to put in a good word for the other guy and what I should have done was to check my facts and have the correct figures and all, before I actually went ahead and closed the deal.  It landed me in huge problems. Problems that I had not foreseen myself in ever. And the worst thing was that this was a preventive problem. 


I have learned that I will have my facts straight and I know I will get it right the next time. Word of caution....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.