Monday 25 February 2013

Lick That Knife....

Has it ever occurred to you that when you lick a knife literally it might cut your tongue? Well, after applying peanut butter and using the same knife to cut the bread, I was tempted to lick it when I remembered a knife is double-edged. In life many things are double edged, people are double sided and we all at sometimes employ or rather implement what we call "double standards". It also occurred to me how totally different people are. One day I am all smiles and nice to you and the next, I a totally mean and cruel person. It can be as hurting as deciding to lick the wrong side of the knife.



Let me not go into the petty and definitive explanations, but I have learnt how simple and different people are. For instance, this afternoon, I was speaking to someone about the preference of a club one might want to visit. While I chose one simply because I believed that the ambiance is good and the crowd mature, my age mate chose another club simply because if you buy 3 drinks, you get one free and or if you buy the hard liquor, you get half of our purchase. It not only surprised me, I was left speechless and mesmerised  I thought we had some things in common. Or rather we shared similar ideas for things. I guess the joke is now on me.

It reminded me of the events of last week where everything for me just turned upside down. However, right now everything changed and instead of licking the edge by doing funny things with funny people, I have decided to lick my knife in style.

 Going to the places I like, be with the people I love and do the things I enjoy to do. Note that I come just before you and I. I will always be considerate of others by putting their feelings first. I will be thoughtful by asking them how their day was, I will be caring by taking care of them whenever I can. When I have the time in my hands, I will be me and I will enjoy myself to the fullest. You have you and I have me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.