Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Love Letter


They say you can get over a broken heart.I believe some people are strong enough to and others can actually move on. I believe am one of those people who despite the time taken, I did make it to move on. I have known you for a while now and I still remember the first time I saw you. The first thing you did when you stopped, you  smiled. It was a scary thought but I thought to myself, "that is one smile I would like to see forever". The week passed and all I thought of was your smile. I remember you were wearing glasses so I was not able to see your eyes but your smile lit up my life. The next time I saw you, I would look at you and I was speechless because I felt something I had not felt a long time. I felt nervous, excited, confused, shy and I was rendered speechless. 

To be honest, I had promised myself I will NEVER EVER love someone again, that was until you came along. I love the way you smile, I love the way you tease me, I love the way you talk and you teach me so many things. I love spending time with you. I love that you are a gentleman.

This is me; I love hard, I am jealous, I am hard to please, I know what I want and I always get it, (ok. not always) I treasure honest people, I have become focused and now I know what it is I want. 

This is who I was; A drunk, I pitied myself, I never wanted to wake up. I was lost and confused and I thought I would never ever get over it. 

This was my last relationship. I invested everything I had in that relationship. Love, Time, Money and Family. After all that, I LOST EVERYTHING. I have become scared, sceptical and my defence mechanism nowadays is to run...run...run away very very far away from something I know might cause me pain or hurt me. I get easily disappointed when someone fails to keep their word and to me, they prove to be unreliable. 

I have come to accept that I cannot please everyone, but I can consider their feelings. I HATE what I don't understand. I have taken time to know myself again and I enjoyed being that person. I enjoy being honest about my feelings and when I would say no to someone and meant it, despite the fact that I would feel bad for them, I would still be happy I didn't lead them on.  When you allowed me into your life and into your bed, I wanted to stay there forever. I enjoy cooking for you, I enjoy the nights I sleep in your arms and I don't want to ruin that. Every day I spend with you is a joy to behold. I don't want try and run out when things get hard. I want to stick in there. And run the course. I need you to be patient with me.

I want to make you happy, my love, I want you to be my happy lover. Would you be mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.