Friday 18 January 2013

TRUST - The Belief

Trust is a very strong word and a very strong sentiment. Its like glass, once you break it, it is rarely easily regained. Instead like Pieces of glass, you have to crush the pieces and build a whole new glass. Trust is equally a fragile thing.

Lately, I have discovered that trusting someone so easily is quite tricky. Once I trusted someone and I got a stab in the back, but I am a firm believer in second chances and in forgiveness. I forgave, forgot and moved on and there it was gain, a shattered spirit. I have to believe what the Bible says, to forgive seven time seven hundred times. I should not be tired of forgiving, but I can be weary of trusting people. After 3 strikes, I think I just have to stay out of your way.



I believe I am not the only one. You can be close friends, close relatives or even family. Trust still doesn't come easy. I remember as I was growing up, I had to be home before my father, regardless of the time of day I had to make sure I was home before my father.

I recall this incident like it was yesterday. I had told my mother where  I was going, but she warned me that my father might be home early and since he did not like for me to socialize with the neighbourhood boys. Well, I did listen and assumed that my father will never be home in the middle of the day. Well, as I was enjoying my cake, the one my high school crush had bought for me as he carried the movies we had borrowed from the library, my dad drove buy. Needless to say, the punishment was great and worse still, the trust that my dad had in me was completely shattered. From then on, I was put on a tight leash. Whether you believe it or not, the leash was loosened when I turned 21. :-). Yes, TRUST.

 it is in the palm of your hands. Whether you choose to trust your father, mother, brother, sister, friend or whomever is in your life, at one point or another you will shatter that trust someone had in you and they will shatter that trust you had in them. 

Only one person whom you can trust and will never let you down. Leave a comment and I will tell you who.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.