Friday 11 January 2013

Critical Thinking

The directory meaning of critical is "to judge severely or find fault. That simply means that I always view the glass as half empty and not half full. Let us review and define this statement in 4 views. 

One, I can view the glass as half empty, that does not mean that I am a pessimist  I might be an opportunist looking to fill that glass, right? I might also be a pessimist wondering why the glass is not full and who is going to  fill it for me. 


Three, If the glass is half full, I might be a positive person, meaning when a glass is half full, I have something to look forward to and it is very good that I have something small instead of nothing at all.  And well if it is half full, then where is the rest?

Well, honestly, I am very critical and I think, lately I have been more critical than usual. Which has brought to my attention that the older I get, the wiser I become and the more I do not care for nonsense, neither do I fall for the petty lines such as "I will build you a house."  Honestly, I look around nowadays I will always wonder , if at my age I did what this young person is doing now, or if I ever looked at people the same way or if I was as ignorant as they are or if I was as rude as they are now. 

My point was that I have started wondering where did time go? What happened that made me become who I am now and what are my accomplishments. Am I happy, am I where I want to be or am I doing what I want to do? are my friends who I want them to be or people I wished or wish to have in my life. 

At the end of it all I have decided that I have to reflect-think big about tomorrow, resolve-look for the positive in any situation and release-forget about perfection and aim for consistency. After all, our glasses will NEVER be the same size. 
 or will they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.